Sunday, February 27, 2011

How-To make white cake, this will taste like a wedding cake!

My friends all love white cake. I prefer death by chocolate cake, but today my friends all wanted white cake and since poor test subject Jon loves white cake, that is what I made. First off I doubled this recipe so that I could make a square cake. But if you are making a typical round cake, leave it as is.
Things you will need:
Cake mix (white any brand)
4 1/2 large egg whites = 4 full liquid ounces
1 c milk
2 1/4 tsp vanilla (or Jack Daniels Whiskey)
1 tsp Almond Extract
3 c sifted cake flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
12 tbsp unsalted butter, softened 

Okay first let me start by saying if you want to make your own frosting I will attach a recipe on the end if not, out of a can is fine. Okay I measured all of my ingredients first, then I put all the dry ones in a bowl, then I separated all of my eggs into one bowl by themselves, then add 1/4 of your milk, and extracts to the same bowl. Great, now what...oh yeah! Add butter (room temp) and rest of milk into dry ingredients, mix till all ingredients are combined and wet. Now moving on slightly mix egg mixture and add in 1/3 at a time to other bowl, mixing on high after each time....now..this is so super thick it would be fine to cook as is, but lets make it better. Follow directions on the back of your favorite white cake mix and add it to the other batter. Pour into any GREASED AND FLOURED pan and cook  at 375 degrees for about 35 min, check with toothpick for doneness. 
Now is your cake done? Yes? YAY! Pull it out, let sit for ten minutes, flip it onto a cooling rack and we are good. Let fully cool and frost! Decorate! Or whatever..devour.
Oh before I forget, how does it taste...well I have no clue...everyone has already ate it..Sad day.
And here is an amazing frosting recipe:
1 C. Crisco, butter flavored
4 C. Powdered Sugar (or 1 lb bag)
1 tsp of vanilla 
1 tsp of any flavoring of your choice..I use almond
up to 5 tbsp. of Milk (just enough to bring it together)
okay put extracts and Crisco in a bowl, mix well, add powdered sugar, beat slowly, incorporate milk, just as much as you need..and voila! Delicious!









Frosting Below:




Post a Comment