Monday, March 14, 2011

How-To make ranch chicken pizza

This is my FiancĂ©'s favorite pizza, I used to make it at an amazing local pizza joint. But this version is slightly different...why? Well because I am using fresh ingredients. Now lets start, I made my own dough, so if you have a favorite dough recipe use that if not there will be one located below for you to use. Or you could probably go to a local pizza place and buy dough, you get my Drift. So first thing is first you will need the following items:  Chicken breast
Onion
Garlic powder
Oregano
Ranch dressing
Provolone cheese
Mozzarella cheese - I grated both myself because my store does not sell grated provolone
Pizza dough
Preheat the oven to 450 now, and make sure your rack is two slots from the bottom.
So get a pizza pan or use a square cookie sheet both are okay for this application and stretch the dough onto it, if you want to use a pizza stone...I am not giving instructions for those, so good luck. Okay so is your dough stretched over the pan you are using? Yes great! Add some ranch dressing to the dough you are going to want a thin layer on the dough go close to the edge. Now did you make grilled chicken breast last night for dinner? Well I did so thats why I am making this, so cut up some strips of chicken and place it on the pizza, you only need one breast, and a small one at that.  This should be ample. Now cut up some onion, your going to want some thin strips. Any type of onion is fine, red onions are amazing, but I do not have any..so yellow it is! Now are you done adding the onion? Yes? Great. Moving on, grate the cheeses, or if you bought pre-grated, add it to the top, like you would on ANY pizza. Now add some garlic powder (or garlic salt if you prefer..I hate salt so its not going on mine) then add some oregano. Okay place the pizza in the oven cook about ten to thirteen minutes. The crust will be crisp and the pizza amazing. Oh and how does test subject Jon feel about the pizza? Well he says: "Leave me alone I'm eating the other half of the pizza"
Here is a dough recipe that my mother uses:

1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 1/2 c. warm water
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
4-5 c. sifted flour
Mix everything except the flour in a large bowl. Add flour one cup at a time until the dough is solid. Now place on counter and kneed for 5-8 min let rest for up to 24 hours, I only let mine sit for 15 minutes. Voila! Dough!








Post a Comment