Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How to make Sour Dough Bread

Well, what have we here? Some sourdoughs starter? Whatever will I make now? I know! Bread!
So here is what you need:
Flour
Yeast
Bread Machine
Bread Pan
Salt
Yeast
Starter
Water
So place 2 2/3 c. of bread flour in a bread machine, place in as well 1 c. of the starter, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast and 3/4 c. of warm water. Set the bread maker for a dough cycle, which on my machine is number 9. Now yes you could have kneaded it and done all the mixing, but I have better things to do so I let the machine do the work for me. So once it was done I placed it in a bread pan and baked for 25 minutes at 425, I enjoy a very dense sourdough so I did not let it rise again, however if you want light and fluffy let it sit in the pan for 45 minutes covered with a tea towel before cooking...again I have zero patience so...yeah..well when it's done cooking, it should be golden brown and if you tap it the bread should sound hollow, invert onto a wire cooling rack and let cool then cut and eat... if you can wait that long  test subject Jon enjoyed the bread and as did I... we, however, could not wait!










Post a Comment