Monday, May 23, 2011

How to make Banana Bread!

Okay I don't know about you but if I have some week old black banana's sitting around I always seem to get the urge to use them. So I am making banana nut bread, the nuts are optional but I love them. So let's get started!
What you need:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas (or 4)
1/2 c. nuts (opt)
Okay now add butter and sugar, "cream" aka mix until it’s nice and well combined, add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly, and then add mashed bananas. Mix in another bowl the "dry" ingredients. Flour, soda, salt, and powder. Add dry ingredients in 3 parts mix to combine, stir in nuts if you want. Place in a bread pan and cook for 45 -60 min at 350 degrees, to make muffins cook for about 25 minutes I would guess. Want something even better, grease a pan and coat with a Cinnamon and sugar mixture instead of grease and flour. This is quite possibly the best banana bread ever! Test subject dad says…well I have no clue his mouth is full and he seems happy! 
Pictures to follow when my internet stops messing up!









Post a Comment