Monday, May 9, 2011

How to make white chocolate macadamia nut cookies

Today will be the last day test subject Jon will be enjoying my food. I have graduated from college and no longer have him around to eat my tasty creations, this too goes for the following test subjects: Tiffanie, Tristan, Akeem, Doug, and Marissa . Sad to see them go. But this last recipe was specifically for test subject Jon. Without him most of my blog would not be here. Thanks Jon! So let's start shall we?
What you will need:
3/4 Cup of butter melted
2 C. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 c. Macadamia nuts
2 c. white chocolate chips
Okay first melt your butter in the bowl. While it is melting pre-heat your oven to 325.  Now in another bowl place flour, soda, and salt, mix to combine. Now for the melted butter! Take a mixer and beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until it is creamy. Now you don't necessarily need a mixer it just made my life easier. So if you want I suggest investing in a good one! Now I toasted my nuts, but it is not required if you do it's about 10 minutes the oven. Okay now slowly add your dry mixture in, I do it in thirds typically. Once that is done mix by hand adding chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Always mix those two items by hand into a cookie mixture, otherwise it is hard on the mixer.  Now place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 - 15 minutes, ENJOY! Test subject Jon loves these cookies, they are his favorite of all time, I am glad I got to make them for him once. Tune in next week for Banana bread!













Post a Comment