Monday, August 1, 2011

Caviar, Cowboy Caviar - Perfect for a party

I know I didn’t update my blog last week but in my defense I could not breathe. So this week is a very easy recipe due to the fact that I STILL don’t feel good.  However, on the bright side this is also a VERY delicious dish. Perfect for that summer party! It is called “Cowboy Caviar” and it’s out of the better homes and garden cookbook with a little bit of tweaking on my mother’s end. Okay so let’s get started
Things you will need:
Storage container for “dip”

1 15oz can of black beans

1/4 c onions finely chopped, or green onions

1/4 c Finely chopped red pepper (bell) 

2 tbsp olive oil, or veggie oil
2 tbsp of vinegar
1 to 2 jalapenos - I use about 4 rings out of a jar- finely chopped
1 Tsp fresh garlic – I used can out of the fridge but I am lazyfresh pepper
dash of salt

Okay now here is a side note before we even get started, if you are making this for a party double it at least. Because, between my brother and I, we ate the whole thing and I had to make another.  Also one more side note let this sit for at least 1 hour, but by making it the night before and letting it sit over night it will taste a million times better. Okay so rinse the beans put them in a storage container, chop onions, add, chop pepper, add, add oil and vinegar, chop jalapeƱos, add…you get the picture right?? Okay mix, combine add a lid let it sit in the fridge and serve with corn chips, or put it on your tacos! But chips are the best! If you think it sounds weird and you love beans try it, this is an amazing dip everyone makes it in my mother’s class at least once a year and it’s always repeated! The only people who would not like this are bean haters…well I am not a bean hater…you know who you are bean haters…shame, they’re good for you! One last comment we had a new test subject. Test subject Jared, my oldest brother, he said "That's a great dip Jess!".  As always I am accepting ideas for the blog! Facebook, twitter, or email me! JLThacker06@gmail.com and happy eating!






Post a Comment