Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How to make pumpkin cookies

This week I made pumpkin cookies. They are amazing. I love pumpkin, so this is my favorite time of year, ahhh pumpkin. However, sometimes it is difficult to locate pumpkin in the store no clue why. Apparently people do not want me happy, keeps my pumpkin away from me. EVIL PEOPLE. Just kidding, any who, I digress ahhh pumpkin cookies, these are a lot like spice cookies but have a lovely pumpkin undertone. These are my new favorite cookies. They are also a lot like the sugar cookies I made so there we go. Okay so this is what we will need:
1 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
Now of course this is like a normal cookie recipe so like always cream the sugars and butter together, add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.  Combine the dry ingredients. Then add the dry mix to it slowly. Now drop some on to a pan about two inches apart and bake at 350 for 12 - 14 minutes they will be soft. Once done place on a cooling rack and then we will place a glaze on it. You can make severeal types but this is my new favorite. 
2- 3 cups of powder sugar
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp of vanilla
1 tbsp of another flavoring item - I used black walnut, you could also use maple or any other items. However, it is optional so you could just use plain vanilla and be happy, I mean vanilla is yummy on it’s own. So the glaze should be thin, and now we can glaze the cookies. Easiest way to do it? With a pastry brush, ahhh simplicity, so easy. Any who enjoy the cookies they are tasty! We loved them!  Give me ideas people!!!






Post a Comment