Monday, November 28, 2011

How to make cranberry sauce

Well I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday, we had three thanksgivings to go to, as well as lots of holiday baking to do. Therefore last week I did not do a blog because …. well I was busy. So on thanksgiving morning I realized I did not make my cranberry sauce which I had decided to do this year so I got up and made this really simple recipe and I am going to share it with you now. And I know what you are thinking well that does me no good now. Unless you are like me and bought like twelve bags of cranberries and need something to do with them then this will work well, plus you can use cranberry sauce for anything. You know like a sauce for the turkey sandwich you are enjoying this week instead of mayo – see healthier option. Heck it even makes a good preserve for toast. Okay so let’s get started shall we?
What you will need:
12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
1 c sugar
1 c water
That’s it…unless you want to add something else to it. Like orange peel, cinnamon, cloves, or anything you can imagine. Now place water and sugar in a pot bring to boil add cranberries return to boil then reduce heat and cook for 10 – 12 minutes. If you have fresh cranberries make sure to rinse them, frozen ones you should thaw out and then place in pot. Now the only way you can get frozen ones around me is to actually freeze them yourself. So that being said there you go. Now do not be freaked out when you hear a loud popping sound – it is normal after all the cranberries are hollow on the inside and will burst open then after all is said and done it will start to  gel. Okay ten minutes are up place in a bowl and allow it to come to room temp them place in fridge. Now it will gel up. It is ironically sweet when you normally think of cranberries as quite tart. They are delicious and everyone liked my cranberry sauce the next morning test subject dad put it in his crescent rolls and baked it. So there you go. Now I know what you are thinking, what the heck will I do with cranberry sauce right now? Well there is always Christmas! Happy holidays I will do a blog next week on some easy recipe for cookies that are pretty awesome! Happy eating! 





Post a Comment