Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How to make sloppy joes

My favorite meal is Sloppy Joes, and I don't mean putting that crap in the can over hamburger, I mean real what my mom makes me Sloppy Joes. They are my go to dinner when someone asks what do you want for dinner. It is my favorite thing to reheat and I hate leftovers. I have an obsession with our sloppy joes that my mother makes. Some holidays we make three pounds and place it in a crock pot and keep it on low just so people are happy and full. Now my father like to take sloppy joes and place them over tortilla chips and make them like nachos, which is nice because ours are slightly sweet. I prefer to have mine on a bun with mustard. Also when I have sloppy joes I have to enjoy it with peas and mac and cheese. Like I have to have one or the other, unless it is the left overs then I have to have chips...see I have a love affair, I can't help it I love them, I feel bad for my husband it ends up being our dinner at least two nights a week and his lunch too, but he likes me so I guess he does not mind. Any way since I am spilling my soul about my love affair with sloppy joes I guess I can give you an awesome recipe while I am at it, see I have no photos for you this time but I think you'll be okay. 


What you will need:
1- 1 1/2 lb ground beef, or turkey 
1/2 green pepper or any other color
1 Medium onion
1 Clove of garlic
1 can of tomato sauce
1 Shot of Worcestershire sauce or 2 packets of soy sauce from the Chinese food you had last week- yeah that is what we use it for
1 shot of mustard
1 - 3 shot(s) of ketchup
3-5 tbsp of brown sugar
Salt 
Pepper 
Okay so shall we get started! Yes I agree! 
First thing is first BROWN THAT BEEF! Or whatever you decided to use, however, I will state right now, I HATE TURKEY, I know it's "Healthier" but guess what you did not grow up on a black Angus cattle farm so when I think meat I think BEEF It is what is for dinner. I know awesome right. Any who, lets brown, brown, brown that beef, you brown until it is well done, now you drain this crap, and I mean drain, trust me it will be full of grease, so drain and return to pan, now moving along let it sit in that pan for a moment and chop the peppers, onion, and Garlic, I always use the food processor, but I am lazy so yeah....Any way add that to your pot and cook until done, you know what it will look like I mean it's cooked veggies you've seen them before. Now add everything else just a little salt and pepper to taste by the way, and if you are wondering what is a "shot" well it's where you take the bottle and squeeze it. Let it simmer for a moment and taste it, not too sweet add more ketchup, you know just mess with it, do whatever you think needs done to fix it, I will tell you if you prefer it spicier then try adding chili powder, Tabasco, or whatever else you think would be helpful to make it have a kick. Do that and let it simmer for about 10 min or forever in a crock pot until you want to serve... and then serve with anything you want. Typically over a bun with some side dishes. Now I am going to tell you now I will not have a blog next week I will be having surgery so I'll be a little out of it. Oh and I wanted to add a photo or three from the wedding, just because I have NO photos of making this amazing meal. Also because I love my photos, I had an amazing photographer! Enjoy your food, send Ideas, thank you, and HAPPY EATING!





I am the one in white


Me and my girls, the shorter flower girl is my brothers little girl and the blonde little flower girl is my husbands niece, they both made the day remarkable as did the ring barer - whom is also my brothers child


Finally all the men, the little boy is the ring barer, adorable isn't he!

All of these children have been featured before but I thought you might want to see them all dressed up!
Post a Comment