Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How to make a "Resse cup cake"

Okay so this week I am starting a new job, this is fantastic since the job is what I went to college for. It is a technical writing job, so in honor of that I decided to make this cake, and more than likely my father will not enjoy it.  But it is my take on a Reese cup cake. It is a plain chocolate cake, well dark chocolate cake for me and tasty peanut butter icing. So let’s get started shall we!

For the cake:
2 cups of sugar
1 3/4 cups of flour
3/4 cup of cocoa powder, I used special dark
1 1/2 tsp. of both baking soda and baking powder
1 tsp. of salt
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of veggie oil
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

For icing:
3 oz. of cream cheese
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 of peanut butter
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
2 cups of powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp. of milk

Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. So if you are going to make this cake you take all the dry ingredients and locate someone to mix it for you.  Then add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla mix for about 2 minutes. Or like me have Malia do it. Moving along add the boiling water to it and mix for a little bit longer, yes it is thin. Then once that is done pour it into 2 greased cake pans.  Now I wanted to make this cake from scratch but you can always just make a cake mix. Moving along, bake for 30 – 35 minutes and then pull them out of the oven and cool for 10 minutes, then pull it out of then pan and let cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack.  

Meanwhile it’s time to make frosting, peanut butter frosting. So cream together peanut butter, butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. Cream them; you know what it is supposed to look like. Then once that is done add the powdered sugar and 2 tbsp. of milk. Mix it together until it is nice and creamy. Once that is finished add another tbsp. of milk to make it super easy to spread. Once your cake is cooled completely frost and then attempt not to eat it…good luck! This cake is super easy to make and this frosting is amazing, and if you recall I do not like frosting. Of course my father says, “It’s not white frosting” but oh well. I like it. If you want it even prettier then feel free to drizzle some chocolate on top. Enjoy your cake! Happy baking and send me recipe ideas!



Pin It





my hard worker


she's tasting








Post a Comment