Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How to make Peanut Butter Button Cookies

Today on my blog I will be teaching you to make Peanut Butter Cookies, but not just any plain peanut butter cookies but button shaped ones. I got this idea from another blog a couple of years ago and made them then, so now I’ve decided to show you how to do them, these are button shaped for two reasons, one I love buttons, and two because of the movie and book Coraline. It is one of my favorite books and I loved the movie. Let’s get started shall we? What you will need:

Ë     ½ sugar
Ë     ½ brown sugar
Ë     ½ cup BUTTER
Ë     ½ c PB
Ë     1 egg
Ë     1 ¼ c flour
Ë     ¾ tsp of baking soda
Ë     ½ tsp of baking powder
Ë     ¼ tsp salt
Ë     1 tsp vanilla
Ë     A bottle lid from a 24 oz pop or something of that nature


First off I need to make my dough, so beat the butter until it’s creamy, to that add the sugar and beat until well combined. Next I will add the peanut butter, the egg, and the vanilla. Mix well, after all that we will add in all of the dry ingredients. Lastly we will let this sit in the fridge for about 1 ½ hours, or more than likely I will place it in the freezer for about 45 minutes while I busy myself with video games…

Next now that our dough is nice and chilled we are going to gather a tiny amount of dough, enough to fit in that nice bottle here you thought I was nuts why would we need a bottle lid, I’ll remember this. Now we continue until we have enough on the pan. Now bake. At this point before you bake you can add sugar on a normal peanut butter cookie but ours will not need it…we have other plans for the precious dough Mahwah ha-ha ha . Moving along it should take 9 to 12 minutes.

Once mine are done baking we will pull them out of the oven and move fast. Grab that lid again and press down into the center of our fully baked cookies, not too far, but enough to make a little indent; now grab a straw and press out holes for “thread” look, you made a button. Four holes, if you will, or two, up to you in the end it’s just how many holes do you want your cute button to have. Allow to cool all the way and enjoy; now I did imply that there was more for my cookies. We are going to dip them now. Dip in what you ask? Chocolate. Yes, tasty chocolate. Just dip and shake to remove excess. Or if you are really lazy just drizzle it on top. I am not dipping them because I am not in the mood to clean up the mess, but overall the cookies are quite tasty. Elijah my little test subject nephew NEVER eats any cookie but chocolate chip and he has had three of them already, so that’s saying something. Even test subject Peter enjoyed one or two. Well enjoy your cookies, send me recipe ideas and tune in next week!











Post a Comment