Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How to make Sweet Potato Soufflé

This week I decided to make sweet potato soufflé to go with our dinner. There is a place close to my home that serves sweet potato soufflé that is my favorite, the place is La Comedia, that place has a lot of delicious food but my favorite thing there is the sweet potato soufflé. So I followed their recipe the first time to learn that 4 cups of mashed sweet potatoes was not enough, so I will say this, two LARGE cans of sweet potatoes will make 7 cups and it will be plenty.
7c. mashed sweet potatoes
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 2/3 tbsp of butter melted
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
5 1/3 tbsp of butter melted
1c. pecans

First mix everything together except the topping. The easiest thing to do is to open the cans to sweet potatoes and then rinse them. When finished with that mash them and then mix the rest of those ingredients except for the topping of course. I will state now that I know the butter is a weird measurement but you only need one stick so once you cut the 5 1/3 tbsp of butter the left over is what you add to the mix. Once those are all mixed well together you pour it into a buttered or greased pan. And then take the all the topping ingredients except for the pecans.  Mix it well with a fork and then crumble over the top of the sweet potatoes. Then sprinkle the pecans on top and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. This is my favorite meal ever. You should enjoy it with some dinner, or alone. I just love this recipe so much, it is my favorite part of the meal, I think you will love it too, if you’re from this area, I know you will I mean hey, la comedia, yeah go ahead and make it, your mouth will thank you. Taste that? Yeah I know it’s fantastic. You’re welcome. Pin me, like me, follow me! 











Post a Comment