Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How to make funnel cake

My grandfather passed away last week, so the week before and last week we spent every waking hour with him by his bed. So that’s where I have been and that’s where my blog was. So I’m making funnel cakes, they make me happy. You’ve read about my friend Sara before. Well she loves funnel cakes and we made them, she has a deep fryer so I was excited to use it! Here is the thing I love funnel cakes. So they are easy to make and tasty at the same time. So here we go, things you will need:
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Powdered sugar for dusting
So take your deep fryer and bring it to about 375 degrees, or take a large deep skillet and fill it with some veggie oil. Now mix all the ingredients together and place them in a funnel, a Ziploc bag, or pastry bag, snip the end and then drop into hot oil fry until cooked pull out and put them on something to dry, like newspaper or paper towels and then sprinkle with powder sugar. Now you can always put other topping on the funnel cakes and eat them, but I will say please make sure there is a crowd, you’ll need a lot of hungry people!  Eat and enjoy! Sara loved it, so did I, and as always, like me, pin me, email me.
                                                























Post a Comment