Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How to make S'Mores Cookies

This week I decided to make S’mores cookies. I love S’mores but I have a hard time making them, after all I don’t really have a campfire every day and let’s face it the ones in the microwave leave you wanting more. So I have seen these cookies on countless blogs and have decided to pursue making them. Now the recipe did call for Jet Puffed Mallow Bits, but since I could not find them I just used mini marshmallows which did melt but still tasted yummy, if you find them let me know where, I will say you could always steal them from speedway… Just kidding!! So let’s get started.

This is what you will need:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup giant chocolate chips (or chocolate chips/chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
2 Hershey’s bars cut into big chunks


So start out by preheating that oven. You know the drill! 350 degrees! Now cream together the butter and sugars for about two minutes. Add the vanilla and the egg, cream again, if you notice I have two eggs, this is because our chickens lay “pee-wee” eggs and we have to use two instead of one for baking purposes. Now moving along, pulverize some graham crackers, I had a helper, and mix it together in another bowl with the other dry ingredients.  Add them and mix until just combined. Once finished hand mix in the marshmallows and chocolate chips, if you could not find the marshmallow bits consider cutting the mini marshmallows or reducing the needed amount to half. Chop up some of the chocolate bars into large chunks. Now roll into about 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet cook for 10 – 12 minutes, when it is done pull out place two or three marshmallows on top and a piece of the chocolate bar. Place back in the oven and bake for 3 minutes pull out of oven cool on pan and then devour the yummy cookie. The following test subjects enjoyed the cookies: Sara, Malia, Elijah, Dad, Mom, Peter – even though he hates marshmallows, and finally Grandma Thacker. They all loved them, as did I. I could eat my weight in the yummy delight that is this cookie, I am glad that I FINALLY made them. Now I am looking for a good BBQ sauce recipe so if you have one please send it my way! Please pin me, Like me, Email Me!






My Graham Cracker Crusher 












Post a Comment