Thursday, May 24, 2012

How to make Compound Butter


Butter is my favorite thing in the world; yeah I know you can tell I mean have you seen my hips? So I have no real pictures of me making this so you’ll have to bear with me. This is how to make compound butter; it is good on top of pork chops, steaks, chicken, and bread. I mean anything you really need a butter spread for. So here we go:
Things you will need:
2 sticks of soft not melted butter, or one cup (unsalted please!)
1 tbsp of garlic
1 - 2 tsp of the following spices: parsley, oregano, basil, dried chives, Italian seasoning, or your other favorite herb. Pick 2 – 3 and add to butter and garlic.
1/2 tsp of seasoned salt OR meat tenderizer, they sell meat tenderizer at all the stores it’s a red orange color.
1/2 tsp of pepper – coarsely ground

Once you have all those in a bowl mix until combined, now you can either leave it sit until you have bread and spread some on, or top any meat with it once it is done cooking, or if you are roasting a chicken spread it on the outside for a very tender and delicious bird. The longer it sits the more flavor the herbs will give the butter. I used unsalted butter so that when I add the salt it wont be as big of a deal, however, if you are using salted butter please do not add the seasoned salt. Basically all you really have to do is pick some seasonings out of your cabinet and combine. Enjoy!! Most people roll there’s into a log and chill. I did not I just let chill in a Tupperware container. I’m lazy be surprised.



Post a Comment