Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chocolate chip Hazelnut Toffee Cookies of awesomeness


I don’t know about you but I love chocolate chip cookies. There I said it. It’s true I love them. I would go to meetings over them but let’s face it I can stop eating them whenever I want! Okay so maybe my obsession with sweets is not that bad…right? What do you know you’re just sitting there reading this! Okay so moving along I love the Lexington cookies by Pepperidge Farms. Those people are evil, stupid cookie makers only eight in a box for three bucks! I hate you guys!!! Okay so here is my problem I love those cookies but EVERY single time I have ever added nuts and toffee bit’s to my cookies they are not nearly as tasty. EVER. But back in December when I was helping someone with their mother she made cookies. These cookies were the most amazing cookies I have ever been blessed with tasting in my life. Yes in my 24 (yeah 24 now) years of life I have never tasted a better cookie. Now that being said this past weekend I broke down and bought a box of those dumb Lexington cookies. Since I eat two a day I am all out of them. So I was irritated. I paid 3.50 for THAT?! So I text the cookie of awesomeness maker, she tells me where she located that cookie recipe. I find it and tweak it. Now mine were not as thick as hers (I suspect it had something to do with me not sifting my flour – go figure) but the flavor was there. Want to know the secret to these amazing cookies?! Hazelnuts. Yes Hazelnuts, I know odd right, except they use them to make Nutella so what could go wrong with that – ah Nutella, but that’s for another blog post. Anyway back to my story. I had toffee bit’s already and chocolate chips but the nuts I did not. I was worried the nuts would be hard to come by. They were not; they sell them right next to the walnuts for cheaper than freaking pecans. You’re welcome. Anyway so here is my version of her recipe it tasted pretty close and again I did tweak it.

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats – I used quick cooking because the original said to put some in the food processor and grind it…yeah or use quick cooking…duh
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 ounces English toffee candy (recommended: Heath or Skor bar), finely chopped they do sell this pre cut in bags.
1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked, and chopped
1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips or whatever kind you want

Preheat to 325!
Now take the flour, oats, powder, soda, and salt and mix them together – feel free to sift I did not. Then in a mixing bowl take the butter and sugar and “cream it” (you know beat it!) then to the creamed mixture add vanilla and eggs then add the silly flour mixture.
Once that is done add the chips, hazelnuts – toast if you want – and toffee. Mix.
Plop some rounded spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper bake for 15 minutes of course my oven took 20 – explain my oven to me please! So difficult! Anyway bake and then cool on a wire rack and devour – check that for like 8 bucks if you bought everything you have 48 cookies and if you double it which you can do you’d have even more. Stupid 3.50 box of freaking cookies, making me make my own cookies. Grumbles oh those cookies were to die for, I contemplated killing for them, best part, they have nuts in them; Peter hates nuts in his sweets! Yay! More for me, not that I was not going to have to share with dad and mom, jerks liking my sweets… Anyway incase you could not figure it out last week I am making a Batgirl apron, yes Batgirl; her symbol is the yellow bat symbol. I love Batman incase you did not know…now you do! So I am making an apron got it all cut out now I just need some time to actually sew it (there is the EASY PART) no one tells you how rough sewing is but trust me patterns are super irritating and take up way to much of my time. But I wanted an epic Batgirl apron! Email, Facebook,tweet, or pin me!!












Evil cookies....



Post a Comment