Thursday, August 30, 2012

How to make Belgium waffles


This Friday night the husband (he calls me the wife) and I stayed with some friends – so we could hang out and play games – stuff like that.  To tell them thanks for letting me stay I made them breakfast. We decided on Belgium waffles. Now normally when you make them you use a deep pocket waffle maker. Since I did not want to lug my heavy one to their house and they did not have one I had to use a normal waffle maker. Good news is the flavor was all there. So here is the awesome recipe.
What you will need:
½ c warm water
1 package of yeast
2 c. warm milk
½ c. melted butter
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp of salt
2 cups of flour

2 large eggs
¼ tsp baking soda

Okay take the warm water and yeast and place it in a large PLASTIC bowl and let the yeast dissolve. Wait about ten minutes then add the 2 cups of warm milk, melted butter, sugar, salt, and flour. Mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and place in the fridge…easy enough? Okay it sits there over night or 8 hours at least. The next morning pull it out add eggs and baking soda mix. Pre-heat the waffle maker and add some batter (you should probably grease it…) and cook until finished or desired brownness has been achieved. You can freeze and reheat these in the toaster. Okay so how were they? I made 20 there was test subject Joey, Brittany, and their lovely daughter.  Of course peter and I too- I also made a ton of bacon and yet there was none left. I do believe they liked it. Their daughter ate two…and they were not small! Thanks kid! So you should totally make this recipe.








Post a Comment