Wednesday, December 12, 2012

How to make Chocolate Sugar Cookies

I am such a bad blogger…I’ve neglected you all. Please don’t cry it’ll all be okay! I’ve had zero drive to cook here recently – probably because my arm is killing me still from my surgery. However, I do have a new recipe for you this week. It is on Chocolate Roll out Sugar cookies. Okay so they are chocolate sugar cookies. I have only made the dough so far – it’s sitting in the freezer awaiting me to roll it out and bake I’ve been a little busy so it’s been hard to bake them so far. However, the dough tasted super yummy…not that I ate raw dough….don’t judge! They have been baked - super tasty!


So here is what you’ll need:

1 c. butter

1 c. plus 2 tbsp of white sugar

1 egg

1 tsp of Vanilla
2 c. plus 1 tbsp of flour

Slightly less than 1 full cup of cocoa powder (it say’s scant which means not quite one cup)

A pinch of salt

Okay so I doubled my recipe I am making it for something so I needed a lot…but here is what you do.

Take a large mixing bowl (btw if anyone wants to get me a kitchen aid mixer a stand one I’d love you forever I like my kitchen aid hand mixer but it’s not the same…) add your sugar and butter together and mix until just together – not creaming. Add egg and Vanilla Extract – I am almost out of my homemade this makes me sad. Mix those two things on a low speed until combined.

In a different bowl add together the flour, salt, and cocoa and whisk it together. This part is fun and the reason I wish I had a standing mixer- add the flour and crap to it and continue to mix until your dough is sticking to your beaters…yeah tons of fun anyway it’s a super thick batter, so after that place it into a plastic bag and toss it in the fridge to chill. Then pull it out and like a sugar cookie, roll it to a ¼ - ½ inch thick and then cut out some shapes bake at 350 for 15 – 20 minutes and cool then decorate. Yes that is it! Enjoy!! Click here for a printabel copy!
I know my photos suck this time. Please forgive I forgot about photos then people called then yada yada - take what you get people! I will have photos when I bake them though!!! They taste great people!! I love them!!! Thanks Sailor Mars for the help!!! Test subject Tiffany aka Sailor Mars helped me bake and and decorate! Test subject Sara also tasted them and enjoyed it.








Sailor mars made the following cookie it is my favorite although the north stars were my other favorites!!






Post a Comment