Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How to make easy Belgian Waffles


This week my grandmother came up from Tennessee – here oldest sister just passed away – my aunt Geddy – great woman, loved food, loved her family, and loved just about everything. We will greatly miss her. Anyway my grandma came up and stayed with Peter and me.  Of course me being me, I made my Grandma breakfast every morning – except the morning she had cookies – I did make those but not for breakfast she’s 83 she gets to eat what she wants it.  Anyway one morning I made her homemade Belgian Waffles because she loves Waffles and I thought she may need a pick me up. So these are not my normal waffles because as you know my other ones are overnight ones these are ready in ten minutes or less. So here is what we will need:
2 c Flour
3/4 c Sugar
3 1/2 tsp of Baking powder
2 Eggs – separated
1 1/2 c Milk
1 c Butter – melted
1 tsp Vanilla extract
In a bowl combine flour sugar and baking powder. In another bowl beat egg yolks. Now in a small pot on the stove melt the butter and warm the milk together – trust me please. Then add the milk, butter, and vanilla to the egg yolks.  Then mix those into the flour mixture until just combined. Now pull out an electric mixer or a whisk if you have a lot of arm strength and then beat those egg whites until stiff peaks form.  Once those are formed fold – you know what folding means – into the other mixture and then put some in your waffle maker and cook until golden brown. Put syrup over top and enjoy. SO test subject grandma loved them, even test subject husband liked them. Click here for a printable version!!



Don't lie you want one..







She loved hers! 

Post a Comment