Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How to make Spaghetti and Meatballs


This past week I was getting ready to make spaghetti for dinner – Peter always likes meat in his spaghetti so I decided instead of meat sauce about meatballs. I much prefer them over meat sauce. So I found a recipe on pintrest and then modified it, this is how you make my version.
1 lb of hamburger
1/2 lb of sausage
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 c. bread crumbs
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp of basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper – dash of each
Beat eggs and milk together. Put meat and everything else in a large bowl and then pour the milk and egg mixture in and mix with your hands until combined. Do not over mix. Once completed roll out some golf ball size balls of meat and bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes or until cooked. After I cooked mine I put them in my spaghetti sauce and then topped it on the pasta. It was amazing Peter loved it and so did I.  
Oh and I guess this is how you make Pasta. Boil a large pot of water add some salt put your pasta in and cook until done. Drain add some olive oil so it wont stick - do not rinse unless you are making a pasta salad and you need to stop the cooking!! Enjoy! 

Here is a printable version - Here






Post a Comment