Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How to make Green Velvet Cupcakes


Today I made green velvet cupcakes. I made them because I needed something for St. Patricks day that is coming up so red velvet cupcakes using green food coloring seemed the best way to go. So I went to the store and bought everything I needed including a bottle of green food coloring, and instead I bought yellow…yeah someone here did not read. In my defense the yellow was in the green section. Okay so here is what you need.

2 1/2 c. of Flour
2 c. Sugar
1 tbsp. of Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. of Salt
1 tsp. of Baking Soda
2 Eggs
1 c. of Oil
1 c. of Buttermilk
1 tbsp. of Vinegar
1 tsp. of Vanilla
1 oz of Green food coloring (or any other kind like blue for Tardis blue)

Pre heat the oven to 350, grab the cup cake pan and some liners put them in the pan. Mix all the liquids together. Toss all the dry ingredients into another bowl and then add the wet to the dry mix until combined and then put into cupcake pan and bake, I made mini cupcakes which cooked for 13 minutes and the standard cupcakes which cooked for 18. I cooked them and then let them cool and frosted with cream cheese frosting, it was delicious. Derek and Sara both ate these and loved them…and you will notice in the photos that Sara is doing something; she added the batter to the cup cake batter dispenser. It was really great because I always make a mess she did not.  So I hope you make some cupcakes either red, green, blue, or whatever color you want. Also I am currently hoping to have a few guest bloggers on here so if you are interested let me know! By the way I did make red velvet before and it turned out bad but this recipe was the best ever! 






Story Time









Post a Comment