Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How to make Simple BBQ Ribs - A Guest Post

This weeks Blog is a guest post!

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Tiffany and I'm a friend of Jessica's. She is a great cook/ baker and I've been blessed to try a few of her amazing creations and make them at home. Like her Lemon Cookies.  I'm from Kentucky so I'm a country girl who likes to cook. I'm more of a throw it into a pan/ Chopped style cook. So a lot of the seasonings on my recipe are to for your own tastes. I like to keep it simple and easy. I also like to find multiple recipes and blend them together to my liking and it usually turns out pretty good. I've been on a low carb diet so I've been eating a lot of meat and this was the first time I made ribs in the oven. I usually make them in the Crockpot but I wanted them quicker. The creation is: 

Simple BBQ Ribs -  stop drooling
Ingredients: 
Black pepper
Salt
Cayenne pepper
Apple cider vinegar
Worcestershire sauce
Your choice of BBQ sauce
Grill mates: Memphis Pit BBQ seasoning packet
4lbs pork or beef ribs. 
1 small onion
Water
Butter
This recipe really depends on how much meat you are using and also if you use the seasoning packet or your own dry seasonings. First preheat the oven to 350-375. I used just a simple deep pan for mine. Melt about 1 ½ cup of butter in the microwave. Once melted add ½ a cup of apple cider and a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce to the mixture. Stir it up. Next lay out your meat and season with pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper (be easy with the cayenne pepper if you don't like heat, I've learned my lesson) until covered on both sides. Remember this is a lot of meat, so you will use a lot of seasoning! You can either use a ziplock bag or a container with a lid. Put meat in bag; add butter mixture and seasoning packet. Shake like a salt shaker; until all pieces look covered in seasoning. The meat should not be dripping or soaking (you can also do this and put it in the fridge and bake the next day so the seasoning can marinate). Chop the small onion up into slices and put on bottom of the pan. Put meat on top of onions. A recommendation would be to use aluminum foil lining the pan. Put in oven for about ½ an hour (depending on meat size) and I flipped mine once the sides looked cooked. Once fully cooked take out of the oven and let it rest. I think Sweet Baby Rays's BBQ sauce is the BEST. I took the meat out piece by piece and covered with sauce and let it sit for about five minutes – that is all the longer I could wait. Get the paper towels out and enjoy. J

A special thanks to Tiffany or as I call her Sailor Mars for this week’s blog post wish I had been there to sample some ribs, mmmm mmmm mmmm I do love ribs!! Hope you all enjoyed it!!  Feel free to volunteer to write one week!



Ingredients



Her cut of meat



Time to shake it like a salt shaker!



Covered and ready to cook



Cooked



Let's get Saucy

Post a Comment