Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How to make Cheesy Potato Wedges (baked)

Let’s discuss something.


1. You know I like pintrest.

2. You know Peter loves potatoes

3. You know I do not particularly care for them

4. 9 times out of 10 my pintrest recipes I try turn out terrible

5. This may or may not be one of those times

6. I hate having to “fix” recipes.


Okay that being said. What is up with the recipes on pintrest sucking. Seriously I have NEVER found more recipes that are screwed up than I have on this site. That being said how often do you cook potatoes? Well I cook them often enough to know from the get go that this “recipe” from pintrest was wrong. It said to cut up into fries and cook at 400 for 30  minutes…seriously…. Like that is going to cook my potatoes. Guess what it will not. So here is the BETTER version of pintrests cheesy potatoes slices.



What you will need:

4 potatoes (or however many you need for however many people)

1/4 c. olive oil (or veggie oil like I used because olive oil has a low smoke point)

Seasonings – pepper and seasoned salt for me

Cheese – a mixture of Mozzarella and Cheddar about 1 cup

Real Bacon Bits (you can buy these pre packaged)

Dipping sauce:

1 c. Sour Cream

1/2 c. Ranch

1/4 c. Milk

(I added some spices to make this a spicy ranch, just chili powder and red pepper totally optional)

Now here is what pintrest says: Cut in wedges, sprinkle with salt and pepper and oil bake at 400 for 30 minutes, the top with cheese and bacon bake for 10 more minutes and enjoy.
Okay. This does not work.
Here is what I did. I cut up my potatoes into wedges, boiled them for 5 minutes, this will not cook them but I helps speed up the process. Drained and put them in a large bowl so I could toss the seasonings and oil all around them and make it equally distributed. I like every bite to be equally seasoned. Then I put them on a foil lined pan that I sprayed with cooking spray then I baked at 425 for 45 minutes. At 45 mine were fork tender so I added the cheeses to the top and the bacon and baked until they were melted and ready to ingest. I did mix up the ranch while everything was cooking. Did and enjoy. So how did they taste. Like potatoes. I mean they are not French fries like you get in a restaurant so they are not going to be like OH MY THESE ARE THE BEST EVER! But they are equally delicious. Peter loved them and I have made them twice since! So you should make them. Remember if you want to guest blog send me a note!





Here are mine...


These are the fries you see on Pintrest 

They kinda look alike!
Post a Comment