Friday, May 10, 2013

How to make Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies


As most of you know Peter is not a sweets person. So when he tells me Ooo I want you to make “whatever item he just said” I typically jump to the occasion. I mean the man never asks for anything! So last week he asked for puppy chow! You know the chex cereal with powdered sugar – mainly made around Christmas time. So I told him sure! No problem! Super simple and easy to make. Here is how you do it:
9 cups of chex cereal of your choosing – I did rice although you could do any of the flavors
1/2 c. of Peanut Butter
1 c. Chocolate chips
1 1/2 c of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
In a large pot melt the PB and Chocolate Chips. When it is all melted add the vanilla and stir. Stir in the chex and stir to coat evenly. When stired evenly put it in a Ziploc bag, add the powdered sugar to the top and shake, shake, shake! Until everything is coated! Then remove and place in a clean Ziploc bag – since the one you just used has chocolate all over is…what is that. Dirty little bag, now eat! Go ahead I know it’s super rich and delicious – you’re welcome oh and this week we had the following test subjects taste it:
Dalton – loved it
Peter – duh he loved it
Scott – ate a lot so I am going to go with a pass
AAA Cooper – they ate the whole bag
Victoria – loved the powdered sugar oh and chocolate
Me – I would like some more!
So you make some and enjoy! Now what are you all going to make? 









Post a Comment