Wednesday, June 19, 2013

How to Make Oven BBQ Chicken

We had a busy weekend! My sister in law got married – so I know have a brother in law (Test subject Scott)! Which is awesome! Anyway Peter was in the wedding party, therefore, he’s all exhausted. Anyway, Monday night I had some chicken legs that had been on sale at Kroger and I decided I wanted BBQ chicken. Mmm Mmm Mmm, have you ever had BBQ chicken? I love it, normally you’d make it on a grill but since I am still sans (without in French people) grill I opted for the oven. So this is how I made my BBQ chicken.
Things you will need:
Chicken cut of your choosing
BBQ sauce
Salt
Pepper
Seasonings of your choosing (I did a some garlic and chicken rub I make)

Now take a skillet and place it on the stovetop and get it hot. Meanwhile preheat oven to 400, line a long cookie sheet with foil and place cooling racks on top, or use a roasting pan since I don’t have a roasting pan I was using the cooling racks. Season each side of the chicken, and when the pan is hot begin searing/ browning each side of your chicken. Once that is done place it on the cookie sheet or roasting pan (I really don’t need a roasting pan it takes up extra space so please no one buy me one) and then take a basting brush and BBQ sauce and baste each side with the sauce. Pop them in the oven and bake for 25 minutes (please note that I am using drumsticks or chicken legs, not boneless so please if you are using boneless know that your times will be different) then pull them out of the oven, baste them again with lots of sauce and return to the oven. Bake until fully cooked and enjoy with some sides of your choosing. I love BBQ sauce….mmmm. Anyway no questions came in this week. Stay tuned because next week I will have made an awesome chocolate cake for my birthday! I am thinking of calling it death by chocolate or JJ’s Chocolate Overload – still thinking. Let me know what you all think! Happy Eating!








All Sauced up and nowhere to go! 

Post a Comment