Friday, July 19, 2013

How to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

 This week I wanted something yummy. I wanted Oatmeal Scotchies. But I did not have butterscotch chips. I had Chocolate chips. So, what better than Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies – no freaking raisins! Yay! Here is a good recipe that I loved!

1 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C. Butter
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp of Vanilla
3 C. Oats
1 package of Chocolate chips


Pre-heat that oven to 350! Now cream the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Then add one egg at a time until they are fully incorporated. Now add some vanilla. Just a couple of teaspoons, yes this is more Vanilla than normal, but it’s okay, you will need it. Then add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Once that is fully in the mix add the oats and chocolate chips. Stir it up and then place it on a pan and cook for 12 – 13 minutes, when finished let sit on the pan for 2 minutes remove and enjoy. A couple of things about this recipe, the cookies are chewy. They have a good bite because of the oats and I really like this texture! Now the other thing, I was cooking these at my in-laws home. Their oven is evil. I have NEVER hated an oven so much in my life. It cooks things on the bottom (cook being a loose term since they burn) and the top is nowhere near done. For example biscuits: White on top, black on the bottom. Do you have any idea how irritating that is? Well. This is how you “fix” that problem without calling in the repair dude. Grab a 13 x 9 inch pan and fill it half full of water place in the oven on a lower rack and then pre-heat the oven. My cookies turned out right and the bottom did not burn. Yes, be impressed. Email me any questions you have!





Post a Comment