Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How to do your own Hibachi Grill Meal at home..kind of..

Have you ever been to a Hibachi Grill? I have been twice in my life. I loved it every time. I mean the show is cool, but dang, it can be expensive. The whole thing, the veggies, chicken, and rice is simple enough to make, but the one thing I always missed was the Yum-yum sauce. Yum-yum sauce is the orange sauce that comes on the side, usually with a ginger sauce, but since I hate ginger I did not make that.  Anyway, here is the recipe:

What you will need:
Fried Rice - I've made this for you before 
Teriyaki chicken - basically take some chicken, add some sauce,and cook it. Simple enough.
Mixed veggies normally zucchini, squash, and mushrooms - just saute this until fully cooked.
Yum -yum sauce :
1 c. mayo
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp melted butter
1/4 tsp of paprika
3/8 tsp of garlic powder (about a 1/2 tsp which is what I do)
basically take all of those things and mix together until it is smooth and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the flavors will meld. Now put everything on the plate and either cover with sauce or dip your foods into it. It is delicious...you're welcome! Special thanks to test subject Brittany for giving me the yum-yum sauce recipe! 












Doesn't that look yum-yum (get it!)

Post a Comment