Friday, September 20, 2013

How to make Chicken Parmesan

This week I made something tasty, and I got to beat it up beforehand. I have taken to letting Peter pick recipes. Thus ensuring something “not repeated” and he will like it, or if he does not no great loss. He has picked 3 different recipes and all of them have been great. I’ll give him that one. Well he wanted Parmesan Chicken. This time he asked me to get a recipe and make it. No biggie. He likes it without pasta I like it with so this is the recipe, easy, simple, and tasty.

What you will need:

BONELESS Chicken breasts – about 4, I had 2 large ones and I split them to make 4

Breadcrumbs – seasoned

1 egg

Milk

Olive oil for pan-frying

Spaghetti sauce – 1 large jar

Mozzarella cheese

Parmesan cheese (or shakey cheese as test subject Mac calls it)

Pasta – optional


Okay, grab your chicken, place some sort of plastic wrap or wax paper over top and beat it with a mallet, can, or rolling pin until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick. Don’t over beat, spread out the poundings or else you could harm the chicken; let them rest for a moment. I do rather like this step. While doing that add some olive oil (or whatever other type of oil you wany) to a skillet, just enough to cook each side of the chicken and let it pre heat. Now in a large plate or bowl put your breadcrumbs down, I added more spices to mine, like garlic, and oregano. Now in another bowl mix the egg and milk together. Then dip your chicken in the milk, then in the bread crumbs, add to the pan to fry, fry on each side for about 4 – 5 minutes. Pre heat that oven to 350 now, and grab a casserole dish. Add some pasta sauce to the bottom, and once your chicken is done place it on top of the pasta sauce. Now pour some more pasta sauce on top, put some mozzarella on top of the chicken and pasta, just over where the chicken is, then add some parmesan if desired. Now bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is all bubbly and “melty” and ready to go and it looks done. I let mine bake for 20. Serve over pasta, as the main dish with a side of veggies, or whatever. It was quite tasty!















We had a lot of sauce left but yum!!
Post a Comment