Wednesday, January 28, 2015

How to make Fried Pork Chops

Sorry I know I update sporadically! I am trying though! I have a moment so I thought I’d share this one with you. I've got two other post ready to be written on but this was my favorite, also, if you have ideas for my blog feel free to shoot me a message, I always want new ideas!
Fried pork chops. These are my favorite things ever, unfortunately the person who made the best ones ever is no longer with us, Scott. That man made the best fried pork chops, however, my second place fried pork chop award goes to Marissa. Yes, Marissa makes some of my favorite meals, like chicken pitas, not sure what is was but they were amazing. Anyway this is my variation of her recipe!

What you need:
Pork Chops – duh
Ground pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Garlic Powder
Paprika
Seasoned salt
Flour
Butter
Oil


In my cast iron skillet I placed one stick of butter and 1/2 cup of oil together and let it get to about 375 degrees, which is a good temperature for frying. While that is warming up I grab flour and place it on a plate.  I then take my pork chops (you can pound out and thin these) and season with a lot of the following: pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and seasoned salt (OK I go easy there I don’t like a whole lot of salt). Marissa buys a seasoning called hot shot, which is two different kinds of peppers together and puts it on the pork but I didn't have that. At this point I let those seasoning sit for a bit. Now most people season the flour I, however, season the meat so that the flavor is the same in every bite. Now dredge in the flour and then if your oil is hot, start frying them up. Mine took 3 – 4 minutes on each side until fully cooked. You can cut one open or use a thermometer to see if fully cooked. Now the big question, how was it? Fine…wish someone else had made them for me. Yes I liked them, yes everyone else at the #BMS liked them, but I wanted Marissa’s or Scott's…alas they are not here so I shall have to KBO (keep buggering on)















Post a Comment