Saturday, February 14, 2015

How to make Bruschetta

Bruschetta is one dish that I never thought i would like.  I mean it is tomatoes basically with some  other stuff thrown in. I don’t like tomatoes that much. Yet, this dish is one of my favorites. No explanation on that one it is just amazing. This is one of the easiest dishes i’ve ever made as well.


This is what you will need:


4 Roma Tomatoes
3 Cloves of garlic
1 Ball of fresh Mozzarella
Balsamic Glaze - you can make your own do NOT use straight vinegar
1 Loaf of French Bread - Baguette or Loaf
Melted butter
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Fresh Basil


Okay so all of this but the Mozzarella should be room temperature.  Grab the Bread and cut it at an angle you want this to look cute, place it on a large cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 400, this is better with stale bread. You can use your broiler for this next stage, however, I can not use mine without burning something so I don’t use it that often.  
Before you toast it grab the garlic and chop it on the cutting board until it’s tiny little pieces then I smashed it with the side of my knife (optional and please use proper knife safety). Afterwords I dropped it into some melted butter and let it sit for a minute. I grabbed my basting brush and drenched it in some garlic butter- yes I left the little bits of garlic on it too.  Then I threw some pepper, salt, and garlic powder on the bread to boot. After all of that I popped it into the oven and baked for about 10 minutes until it was nice and toasty.
Meanwhile back at camp I grabbed my tomatoes and completely seeded and removed the insides so that I just had the outside bit of flesh. Afterwords I diced the tomatoes and placed them into a bowl. Now it is time to shred up the mozzarella, I did mine with my hands. Considering I cut and did all of my prep on the same board it gave it a great taste of garlic without having to add it to the actual dish (that would be way too bitter). Once the tomatoes and mozzarella were all in the same bowl I just tossed it together and added some more pepper and salt.
Once the bread is done I placed it on a large platter and poured this stuff on top.

Next, I grabbed my fresh basil and rolled it up like a cinnamon roll type of thing and ran a knife through it, creating a chiffonade. You can google this or watch Alton Brown teach you how to do this. Anyway I sprinkled this over the top of my dish and then I drizzled this generously with my Balsamic glaze, which is the most amazing thing ever if you’ve never had it you have no clue what you are missing out on. This is literally simple and looks amazing! It looks like you spent hours perfecting this when in fact it took about 15 minutes. This would be perfect for a party or just pasta night at the BMS. Now I know what you want to know, how was it? Amazing go make this promptly!!!



















This is a chiffonade




mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Post a Comment